I GOT ACCEPTED FOR FASHION DESIGN AT ARTEZ INSTITUTE OF ARTS!
I got a lot of questions about this so to everyone who is interested in how to get into art-, or particularly fashion school: here are a few things you'll need to know!
- First of all, go and look for an academy that is suited for you. There are a lot of different academies and they all have their own signature and they all look for different things in a student. Some academies are focused on wearable pieces and ready-to-wear clothing, where others look for designers that have a twist on modern art which is shown on the runway. It really depends on the academy so go and look at a lot of schools before making your decision.
- Experiment! A lot of schools are interested in your ideas and the process you go through while creating, and not so much in the end-product. Never throw anything away. Bring a lot of sketches with you, made with different materials. So trade your trusty pencil for unexpected materials and just go and see what result it leaves you with. Also, absolutely do not copy. It is amazing if you can draw eyes, celebrities, fairies or butterflies extremely well but it says nothing about you personally. Be unique and stay true to yourself.
- If you did some 3D experiments with shapes, drapes or fabrics (which are really important) make a lot of pictures and bring those to the school you are applying to. It is probably best to bring only your best works with you instead.
- Show your passion and enthusiasm in art. Visit museums and make sketches and possibly photos of your favorite pieces and sculptures, put them in your sketchbook, it shows interest and could give you inspiration. I brought a sketchbook from when I was six with me, the teachers loved it and said it showed my life long passion for art and fashion.
- Never be afraid to try weird stuff. Be unique, be yourself and show surprising new stuff that will show who you are as a designer. Schools will except students that are able to bring them new designs that can make a change, are refreshing and stand out from the rest. This was literally what my teacher told me!
- "My" school offers extra courses on Saturdays, which really helped me. It is an amazing way of finding out more about the school and getting to know the teachers and the way they will stimulate you during the study.
- Last but not least, if you don't get accepted try and think about if the study you were applying for was suited for you. If you are certain about going to that particular school, try hard and show them they were wrong not to accept you!
Good luck to everyone,
"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind and therefore is winged cupid painted blind." - William Shakespeare This ...
Some may like her, some may not. But there is no doubt in my mind that you will not find her interesting; Marina Abramović. She is one of my...
This cake is the perfect cake for a cold fall or winters day and its taste reminds me of fall because of the cinnamon and apple. Let's ...
1. Topshop : Ombre faux mongolion fur coat £89 Love this coat, in my eyes it's the most perfect winter coat. The fur reminds me...
Hi, so I made this blog today. I've been on tumblr for as long as I know, but I'm just getting started as a blogger. So please, help...
I GOT ACCEPTED FOR FASHION DESIGN AT ARTEZ INSTITUTE OF ARTS ! I got a lot of questions about this so to everyone who is interested in ho...